26 May, 2010

May DT Lo's

The rain has finally come after months of dry, but the tanks are now full, the garden watered, the dust is off the autumn leaves and so it can stop raining! Please! At least we are still reasonably warm up north. The poor South Island is experiencing awful floods, with snow expected to follow. It must be miserable! I hope it has improved by the time Em and I head to Queenstown beginning of July. In this months DT kit from Scapbook Studio, I was given lots of variety of My Mind's Eye and Graphic 45 papers. I was kindly given some of the beautiful Le Romantique range (supporting the wedding album drive!!) which is so suited to heritage. I converted the photo to sepia to match, fussy cut the roses, butterflies and bride, added lots of beads, some lace and paper roses etc. I really love that background swirly paper! The circle doily diecut is My Mind's Eye. The frame is cut from Cricut cart Home Accents and brushed with gold ink.
I love an autumn morning when the mist rolls up from the river and then the sun pokes through! So beautiful! The paper is My Mind's Eye, the bead tree is Prima, the word 'AUTUMN' is Heidi Swapp Invisibles (love these!) inked with Tim Holtz Distress inks and the frame is 4 welded icons from Cricut cart, Indie Art and an Indie Atr bird.

Kinda enjoyed using these My Mind's Eye papers to do a bright LO that was a complete change from wedding photos!! I had to go into the achives, tho', to find this photo of Jeff, taken about 25 years ago!! He was soooo cute and had the wickest smile. Such the charmer!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get your comments! Thank you!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...