02 December, 2010

Southern Girls Challenge #7

Check out the Southern Girls Challenge for this fortnight. There is a great prize to be won by a NZ/Aust enrty and another by International entrries. We would love to see your cards, layouts or OTP items.
The topic is 'use heat'.
Here is my DT example.
I have used a candle to burn around the edge of the PP. The turtle in the deck chair is using the 'Tropical Herbert' digi stamp from one of this weeks sponsors, Karen's Doodles. I have stamped and coloured him, mounted it on chipboard and then used embossing powder (more heat) to give a shiny chipboard embellishment look.
The coconut tree is from the same image set and I printed it onto tranparency and then transfered it, as a rub-on, to the background paper.

Cheers :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Fab LO Sue! Love the burnt edges . Last time I saw Tracy burning something she had to put out the flames with a jandal! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is amazing!!! Great job on the rustic detailing! Really captures the essence!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get your comments! Thank you!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...